*photo from Two Twenty One
Seriously - there is some talent on that blog! You have to stop by and see this tutorial!
Anyways... I got loaded up with glassware when I stumbled on this beauty...
When I saw this 'dresser' I sat across from it for like 20 minutes debating if I could take on a furniture re-do or not. The doors really reminded me of Brooke's Yellow Nightstands @ All Things Thrifty and Julie's Green Dresser Turned Media Console @ Less Than Perfect Life.... and I thought how can I pass this baby up? But since it cost $40 and I wasn't really sure I was going to be able to pull if off I got permission from Andrew before bringing her home...
Currently the 'dresser' is in our garage... So far I have:
1. Removed the doors and ALL hardware
2. Cleaned the entire piece with a de-greaser [Mr. Clean - it was a purple liquid]
3. Removed the MDF/flimsy backing - not the highest quality piece - and purchased a replacement piece (the back was dirty-ish and the piece smelt OLD, so I figured it would hurt to replace it ($10 for a 3x7 white vinyl mdf sheet)
4. Sanded the entire piece including doors and molding
5. Vacuumed and Re-Cleaned all surfaces
I am loosely follow the tutorial posted on Just A Girl... you should check it out if you are thinking about painting furniture.
Next step: PRIME!
Stay tuned for the finished results!